The leader of Yemen’s Ansarullah resistance movement says nothing takes priority over resisting the Saudi-led aggression against his country, stressing that Riyadh and its allies had been mulling over the bombardment of the capital Sana’a.

In a speech broadcast live from the Yemeni capital on Wednesday evening, Abdul-Malik al-Houthi said the capital city was “much stronger than before”.

“The Saudi-led coalition of aggression sought to subject the Yemeni capital to heavy aerial bombardment and perpetrated the most heinous crimes to wrest control over it. The alliance made use of internationally banned weapons, and tried to occupy it through launching large-scale offensives,” he said.

“Enemies had devised vicious military attacks aimed at Sana’a occupation and had earmarked billions of dollars to achieve their ambitious plans. They did everything they could to occupy Sana’a, but eventually came to realize it is out of the question.”

The Ansarullah leader further said that enemies sought to illegally seize power in Sana’a last December, but the seditious plot was thwarted.

Houthi said enemies had also planned to stoke chaos and internal strife in Yemen through economic pressure and impoverishment, but the level of public awareness and steadfastness, especially in Sana’a, shocked them.

Source: Press TV

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.