A member of the political bureau of Yemen’s popular Ansarullah resistance movement has sharply criticized the United States for stirring up the brutal Saudi-led military campaign and blockade against the impoverished country, stating that the practice comes at the same time that American officials pretend to be supportive of the United Nations-sponsored truce.

“What is currently happening in the occupied Yemeni areas is the direct result of US President Joe Biden’s visit to Saudi Arabia last month, and his meeting with senior Saudi officials, including Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, in the Red Sea port city of Jeddah,” Ali al-Qahoum told Lebanon’s Arabic-language al-Mayadeen television news network on Tuesday evening.

He added, “Lately, there has been a great influx of American forces, armored vehicles and battleships. They have been deployed in many Yemeni regions, including the Socotra Island.”

US troops in Yemen an expansion of imperial aggression: Expert

The deployment of US troops in Yemen by the Biden administration demonstrates the rank hypocrisy and moral bankruptcy of American politics, according to an Irish political analyst.

“The doors of Sana’a are open to anyone with whom we can confront the Saudi and Emirati projects that serve Washington,” Qahoum said.

“We cannot accept the presence of foreign forces on Yemeni soil, divisive scenarios, occupation and foreign guardianship over our territories,” the senior Ansarullah official noted.

“While Americans openly speak about supporting Yemen truce, they exhibit an aggressive behavior towards Yemeni people and are fueling the [Saudi-led] aggression against them.

“We are aware of the intensity of this battle. There would be no peace [in Yemen] until all colonists withdraw and control over our national assets is restored,” Qahoum said.

He stressed that “Yemeni people will not remain silent in the face of foreign companies’ looting of Yemen’s natural wealth. Recent military parades are a direct and warning message to the countries involved in the all-out aggression against Yemen.”

Earlier, the head of Yemen’s Supreme Political Council warned members of the Saudi-led coalition that barrages of missiles will rain down on them should they continue war and siege against Yemeni people.

“Our missiles and drones will rain down on you if you insist on continuing your aggression and siege against the Yemeni people,” Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network quoted Mahdi al-Mashat as saying.

He said the military hardware that the US is selling to Saudis and Emiratis would be of no use against attacks by the Yemeni armed forces. “They will not protect you from our strikes,” Mashat stated.

The top Yemeni official also said that the so-called “Anger Maneuvers” conducted by American and Saudi forces in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden are ineffective, adding that the Yemeni forces will make them “Escape Maneuvers.”

Yemeni nation won’t be silent over looting of their natural resources: Official

The head of Yemen’s Supreme Political Council says the Yemeni nation will not remain silent about the looting of their wealth.

Saudi Arabia launched the devastating war on Yemen in March 2015 in collaboration with its Arab allies and with arms and logistics support from the US and other Western states.

The objective was to reinstall the Riyadh-friendly regime of Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi and crush the Ansarullah resistance movement, which has been running state affairs in the absence of a functional government in Yemen.

While the Saudi-led coalition has failed to meet any of its objectives, the war has killed hundreds of thousands of Yemenis and spawned the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.

Source: presstv

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.