U.S. Central Command’s top officer stressed today that the military is “completely focused” on responsibly withdrawing from Afghanistan by Sept. 11, 2021, the 20th anniversary of the al Qaeda attack on the United States. Marine Corps Gen. Kenneth McKenzie said Tuesday at an American Enterprise Institute event that the repositioning of forces shows the United States is “prepared to take any action necessary” to protect American and NATO forces as the movement of equipment and forces continues. In testimony last week before the Senate Armed Services Committee, McKenzie said “we’re prepared if the Taliban wanted to take shots at us.

reference : USNI News

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.