Palestinian resistance groups have blamed the US for the resumption of Israel’s brutal war on Gaza as Hamas says the Israeli regime rejected all offers for an extension of the truce.
The Palestinian resistance movement Hamas said Washington openly greenlighted further Israeli attacks, which have so far killed more than 15,000 people in the besieged Gaza Strip.
“The US administration and President [Joe] Biden bear full responsibility for the continuation of Israel war crimes in the Gaza Strip, after their absolute support for it, and the green light they once again granted following the visit of their Secretary of State, Antony Blinken, to the entity yesterday,” the group said in a Friday statement, referring to by Blinken's Thursday remarks that signaled Washington's support for the resumption of Israeli war on Gaza.
Gaza's Ministry of Health says at least 109 people have been killed and hundreds more have been injured as the Israeli regime resumed military operations and targeted residential areas and refugee camps across the densely-populated areas since Friday morning when a week-long truce expired.
Hamas said the occupation resumed the war after refusing to engage with all the offers for the release of other detainees.
“We hold the occupation responsible for the resumption of the war and aggression on Gaza. Negotiations were held all night for extending the ceasefire, during which the movement offered an exchange of prisoners and the elderly,” the statement said.
“However, the occupation refused to deal with all these offers, as it had already decided to resume its criminal aggression.”